Get a Quote
New Rochelle is New York state’s 7th-most populated city, with almost 80,000 residents. After the Revolutionary War ended in 1784, patriot Thomas Paine was given a farm in New Rochelle for his service to the cause of independence. In 2014, New Rochelle was voted the 13th best city to live in, out of 550 cities, and was the only city in Westchester County on the list. Of course, most residents still rely on their cars for their daily commute, and are probably looking to save money on their car insurance. If you are one of the many drivers looking for lower rates, be sure to compare the growing number of options for cheap car insurance New Rochelle has to offer. Because the city continues to grow, so does the average price of insurance. This is because insurance companies measure the number of drivers on the road, the number of accidents, as well as a number of other factors when setting the rates for your area
Cheap Car Insurance New Rochelle Requirements
New York State law requires drivers to carry auto liability insurance coverage at all times. It must remain in effect in order to keep your vehicle registration valid, and must be issued by a company licensed by the New York State Dept. of Financial Services. Out of state insurance is not acceptable, and the insurance must be in the name of the vehicle owner.
- $10,000 for property damage, per single accident
- $25,000 for bodily injury/$50,000 for death of one person, per single accident
- $50,000 for bodily injury/$100,000 for death of two or more persons, per single accident
- For more information, here is a link to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles’ insurance page.
- The average commuter in the New York-Newark area spends 60 hours a year stuck in traffic. Because there are so few drivers, the amount of options for cheap car insurance New Rochelle has available often surprises residents.
Public Transportation In Albany