Get a Quote
Middletown lies in New York’s Hudson Valley region, near the Wallkill River and the foothills of the Shawangunk Mountains The city has an estimated 2015 population of 27,812. The economy of Middletown is supported largely by service and retail, with a regional medical center a major employer in the area. The city is located near the intersection of Interstate 84 and NY 17, which are both busy higways and full of commuter traffic. The crime rate in Middletown is 54% higher than the remainder of the state of New York and 1% lower than the nation’s average. This means residents should take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Middletown has to offer. The average commuter in the New York-Newark area spends 60 hours a year stuck in traffic, and Middletown drivers need all the protection they can get when on the road.
Cheap Car Insurance Middletown Requirements
New York State law requires drivers to carry auto liability insurance coverage at all times. It must remain in effect in order to keep your vehicle registration valid, and must be issued by a company licensed by the New York State Dept. of Financial Services. Out of state insurance is not acceptable, and the insurance must be in the name of the vehicle owner.
- $10,000 for property damage, per single accident
- $25,000 for bodily injury/$50,000 for death of one person, per single accident
- $50,000 for bodily injury/$100,000 for death of two or more persons, per single accident
- For more information, here is a link to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles’ insurance page.
- The average commuter in the New York-Newark area spends 60 hours a year stuck in traffic. Because there are so few drivers, the amount of options for cheap car insurance Buffalo has available often surprises residents.
Public Transportation In Middletown