Get a Quote
The city is on the north shore of Long Island, on Long Island Sound. Glen Cove has an estimated 2015 population of 27,400, and is ranked by CityData as #9 on the list of “Top 100 safest cities. The city has an extensive waterfront area on Hempstead Harbor and Long Island Sound. There are three public beaches: Crescent Beach, Morgan Beach (at Morgan Park), and Prybil Beach. The city of Glen Cove is bordered on three sides by the town of Oyster Bay, and on the fourth by the sound. Commuters travel 30 to 90 minutes to get to work, and 75% of them travel alone in their own car. This makes it all the more important for residents to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Glen Cove has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Glen Cove Requirements
New York State law requires drivers to carry auto liability insurance coverage at all times. It must remain in effect in order to keep your vehicle registration valid, and must be issued by a company licensed by the New York State Dept. of Financial Services. Out of state insurance is not acceptable, and the insurance must be in the name of the vehicle owner.
- $10,000 for property damage, per single accident
- $25,000 for bodily injury/$50,000 for death of one person, per single accident
- $50,000 for bodily injury/$100,000 for death of two or more persons, per single accident
- For more information, here is a link to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles’ insurance page.
- The average commuter in the New York-Newark area spends 60 hours a year stuck in traffic. Because there are so few drivers, the amount of options for cheap car insurance Buffalo has available often surprises residents.
- The average commuter in the New York-Newark area spends 60 hours a year stuck in traffic.
Public Transportation In Glen Cove
- The Oyster Bay Branch of Long Island Rail Road has three stations within the boundaries of the city.
- Nassau Inter-County Express (formerly MTA Long Island Bus) provides bus service to the area.
- Long Island Transit offers weekday commuter service between Glen Cove and Manhattan with stops in Midtown and the Wall Street area.