Get a Quote
Auburn is located at the north end of Owasco Lake, one of the Finger Lakes, in Central New York. The estimated 2015 population is 26,985. The city is the site of the maximum-security Auburn Correctional Facility, as well as the William H. Seward House Museum and the house of abolitionist Harriet Tubman (pictured left). Just 25 miles west of Syracuse NY and 120 miles east of Buffalo NY, the small city is a good place to live away from the major city mayhem. It has many older established residential neighborhoods surrounding a small downtown, which has recently been going through major revitalization projects. The City improved the public infrastructure within the downtown core and new projects have sprung up from private investment. The amount of commuter traffic, and the city’s high crime rate make it very important that residents explore all the options for cheap car insurance Auburn has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Auburn Requirements
New York State law requires drivers to carry auto liability insurance coverage at all times. It must remain in effect in order to keep your vehicle registration valid, and must be issued by a company licensed by the New York State Dept. of Financial Services. Out of state insurance is not acceptable, and the insurance must be in the name of the vehicle owner.
- $10,000 for property damage, per single accident
- $25,000 for bodily injury/$50,000 for death of one person, per single accident
- $50,000 for bodily injury/$100,000 for death of two or more persons, per single accident
- For more information, here is a link to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles’ insurance page.
- The average commuter in the New York-Newark area spends 60 hours a year stuck in traffic. Because there are so few drivers, the amount of options for cheap car insurance Buffalo has available often surprises residents.
- The average commuter in the New York-Newark area spends 60 hours a year stuck in traffic.
Public Transportation In Auburn
The city has no listed public transportation at this time.