Get a Quote
The Township of Woodbridge is the oldest original township in New Jersey and was granted it’s on June 1, 1669, by King Charles II of England. Woodbridge was the sixth-most-populous municipality in New Jersey in 2010, and has held that ranking for 10 years. The New Jersey Turnpike (NJTP), is a toll road in New Jersey, and is the nation’s sixth-busiest toll road and one of the most heavily traveled highways in the United States. It is considered iconic in pop culture, having been referenced in music, film and television. With it’s high population and proximity to the Turnpike, residents should explore all the options for cheap car insurance Woodbridge has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Woodbridge Requirements
If you are caught driving without insurance you will face a fine between $300 and $1,000, a period of community services, and loss of your driver’s license for one year. New Jersey hopes that these stiff penalties will help lower the rate of uninsured drivers, and ultimately help consumers by lowering auto insurance rates. There are nearly 8 million registered vehicles in New Jersey as of 2016, with a quarter million traffic accidents, 525 of which were fatal.
- The state mandates that a “Basic Policy” be available to drivers who are facing financial hardship (usually reserved for young drivers), and includes:
- $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection
- $5,000 Property Damage liability
- This policy is the typical split-limit liability policy and includes the following minimum coverages:
- Bodily Injury liability: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage liability: $5,000
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person or accident
Public Transportation In Woodbridge
- There are three train stations in the township: Metropark, Avenel and Woodbridge. Service is provided at Metropark by NJ Transit’s Northeast Corridor Line and at Avenel and Woodbridge on the North Jersey Coast Line.
- The Metropark station also offers Amtrak Northeast Corridor services to Newark (Penn Station), New York (Penn Station), Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and Boston.
- NJ Transit provides bus service to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan.