Get a Quote
Toms River is a township in Ocean County, New Jersey. On November 7, 2006, voters approved a change of the official name from the Township of Dover to the Township of Toms River, effective November 14, 2006. As of the 2010 United States Census, the township had a total population of 91,239, with the township ranking as the 8th-most-populous municipality in the state in 2010. Toms River is crisscrossed by several major roadways, including the Garden State Parkway. Two of the most congested roads are Hooper Avenue and Route 37. These roads see extra traffic from travelers to the Jersey shore during the summertime, due to it being a main artery to the shore from the Garden State Parkway at interchange 82. It is a good idea to take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Toms River has to offer.
Cheap Car Insurance Toms River Requirements
If you are caught driving without insurance you will face a fine between $300 and $1,000, a period of community services, and loss of your driver’s license for one year. New Jersey hopes that these stiff penalties will help lower the rate of uninsured drivers, and ultimately help consumers by lowering auto insurance rates. There are nearly 8 million registered vehicles in New Jersey as of 2016, with a quarter million traffic accidents, 525 of which were fatal.
- The state mandates that a “Basic Policy” be available to drivers who are facing financial hardship (usually reserved for young drivers), and includes:
- $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection
- $5,000 Property Damage liability
- This policy is the typical split-limit liability policy and includes the following minimum coverages:
- Bodily Injury liability: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage liability: $5,000
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person or accident
Public Transportation In Toms River
The major bus station in Toms River is located downtown, off exit 81 of the Garden State Parkway. The township is served by NJ Transit bus routes.