Get a Quote
Perth Amboy is known as the “City by the Bay,” and is part of the New York metropolitan area. Perth Amboy has a unique geography and features an historic waterfront, which has gone through significant revitalization. The city has an estimated 2015 population of 52,682. The Outerbridge Crossing connects Perth Amboy with Staten Island. The bridge provides passage for some of the largest ships entering the Port of New York and New Jersey. It is a well used popular highway, and has it’s fair share of traffic congestion. Residents need to make sure they have protection while on the road by searching for all the options for cheap car insurance Perth Amboy has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Perth Amboy Requirements
If you are caught driving without insurance you will face a fine between $300 and $1,000, a period of community services, and loss of your driver’s license for one year. New Jersey hopes that these stiff penalties will help lower the rate of uninsured drivers, and ultimately help consumers by lowering auto insurance rates.
- The state mandates that a “Basic Policy” be available to drivers who are facing financial hardship (usually reserved for young drivers), and includes:
- $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection
- $5,000 Property Damage liability
- This policy is the typical split-limit liability policy and includes the following minimum coverages:
- Bodily Injury liability: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage liability: $5,000
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person or accident
The New Jersey MVC’s website is built to help consumers renew their drivers licenses, register their vehicles, and prepare for licensing exams (among other services). You can also change your address online, order your motor vehicle report, and pay registration fees and traffic fines.
Public Transportation In Perth Amboy
- New Brunswick has a well-developed transit system, offering local shuttles, buses and train service. Take advantage of these services to get around without a car and save money on your car insurance.