Get a Quote
New Brunswick, is a city in Middlesex County, New Jersey,located on the Northeast Corridor rail line, 27 miles southwest of Manhattan.New Brunswick is noted for its ethnic diversity, with a 2015 estimated population of 57,035. Due to the concentration of medical facilities in the area, it has gained the nickname “The Health Care City.” The city is the world headquarters of Johnson & Johnson, along with several medical teaching and research institutions. This has created many jobs and helps the continued development of the city. It also makes the traffic congestion equal to most of the big cities in Jersey. Residents should take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance New Brunswick has available.
Cheap Car Insurance New Brunswick Requirements
If you are caught driving without insurance you will face a fine between $300 and $1,000, a period of community services, and loss of your driver’s license for one year. New Jersey hopes that these stiff penalties will help lower the rate of uninsured drivers, and ultimately help consumers by lowering auto insurance rates.
- The state mandates that a “Basic Policy” be available to drivers who are facing financial hardship (usually reserved for young drivers), and includes:
- $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection
- $5,000 Property Damage liability
- This policy is the typical split-limit liability policy and includes the following minimum coverages:
- Bodily Injury liability: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage liability: $5,000
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person or accident
The New Jersey MVC’s website is built to help consumers renew their drivers licenses, register their vehicles, and prepare for licensing exams (among other services). You can also change your address online, order your motor vehicle report, and pay registration fees and traffic fines.
Public Transportation In New Brunswick
- New Brunswick is served by NJ Transit and Amtrak trains
- Studies are being conducted to create the New Brunswick Bus Rapid Transit system.