Get a Quote
Lakewood is a township in Ocean County, New Jersey. In addition to other benefits to encourage employment within the area, shoppers can take advantage of a reduced 3½% sales tax rate (versus the 7% rate charged statewide) at eligible merchants. Lakewood’s central New Jersey location and it’s numerous major roadways contribute to a great deal of traffic congestion. Garden State Parkway, Routes 70 & 9 as well as 195 offer paths to NYC, Philadelphia, Trenton and many other destinations. This makes it important that residents find all the options for cheap car insurance Lakewood has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Lakewood Requirements
If you are caught driving without insurance you will face a fine between $300 and $1,000, a period of community services, and loss of your driver’s license for one year. New Jersey hopes that these stiff penalties will help lower the rate of uninsured drivers, and ultimately help consumers by lowering auto insurance rates. There are nearly 8 million registered vehicles in New Jersey as of 2016, with a quarter million traffic accidents, 525 of which were fatal.
- The state mandates that a “Basic Policy” be available to drivers who are facing financial hardship (usually reserved for young drivers), and includes:
- $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection
- $5,000 Property Damage liability
- This policy is the typical split-limit liability policy and includes the following minimum coverages:
- Bodily Injury liability: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage liability: $5,000
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person or accident
Public Transportation In Lakewood
- The Lakewood Bus Terminal is a regional transit hub. NJ Transit provides bus service to and from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan, to Philadelphia to Newark and to Atlantic.
- The Lakewood Shuttle is a bus with two routes, one in town, and one in Industrial Park.
- Ocean Ride local service is provided on the OC3 Brick / Lakewood / Toms River and OC4 Lakewood – Brick Link routes.