Get a Quote
Hoboken is a city in Hudson County, New Jersey and is the site of Hoboken Terminal, a major transportation hub for the region. Located on the Hudson Waterfront, Hoboken was devastated by the storm surge and high winds associated with Hurricane Sandy on October 29, 2012. In 2014, the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development allocated $230 million to Hoboken to help build a network of features designed to survive storms that arrive once every 500 years. That alone makes it important to explore all the options for cheap car insurance available in Hoboken.
Cheap Car Insurance Hoboken Requirements
If you are caught driving without insurance you will face a fine between $300 and $1,000, a period of community services, and loss of your driver’s license for one year. New Jersey hopes that these stiff penalties will help lower the rate of uninsured drivers, and ultimately help consumers by lowering auto insurance rates.
- The state mandates that a “Basic Policy” be available to drivers who are facing financial hardship (usually reserved for young drivers), and includes:
- $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection
- $5,000 Property Damage liability
- This policy is the typical split-limit liability policy and includes the following minimum coverages:
- Bodily Injury liability: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage liability: $5,000
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person or accident
The New Jersey MVC’s website is built to help consumers renew their drivers licenses, register their vehicles, and prepare for licensing exams (among other services). You can also change your address online, order your motor vehicle report, and pay registration fees and traffic fines.
Public Transportation In Hoboken
Hoboken has the highest public transportation use of any city in the United States, with 56% of working residents using public transportation for commuting purposes each day.
The Hoboken Terminal is a national historic landmark, and the cities’ website has a huge list of all the public transportation that is available.