Get a Quote
In 1876, Thomas Edison set up his home and research laboratory in New Jersey on the site of an unsuccessful real estate development in Raritan Township called “Menlo Park”, where he earned the nickname “the Wizard of Menlo Park.” Edison is actually a is a township in Middlesex County, New Jersey. With a population of over 100,000, it is one of the top 10 most populated communities in New Jersy. Edison is a transportation hub, with an extensive network of highways passing through the township and connecting to major Northeast cities.Average commute times in Edison are on the rise, so it is important that residents take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Edison has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Edison Requirements
If you are caught driving without insurance you will face a fine between $300 and $1,000, a period of community services, and loss of your driver’s license for one year. New Jersey hopes that these stiff penalties will help lower the rate of uninsured drivers, and ultimately help consumers by lowering auto insurance rates.
- The state mandates that a “Basic Policy” be available to drivers who are facing financial hardship (usually reserved for young drivers), and includes:
- $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection
- $5,000 Property Damage liability
- This policy is the typical split-limit liability policy and includes the following minimum coverages:
- Bodily Injury liability: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage liability: $5,000
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person or accident
Public Transportation In Edison
Edison station, located in South Edison, is served by NJ Transit northbound trains to Newark Penn Station and Penn Station New York, and southbound to the Trenton Transit Center via the Northeast Corridor Line, with connecting service to Amtrak, and SEPTA. Some passengers in North Edison may actually live closer to, and prefer to use, the Metropark station. Wherever you live in Edison, using public transportation can help reduce the mileage on your car, and therefore help decrease your car insurance costs.