Get a Quote
Clifton has a total population of around 84,000 residents, making it New Jersey’s 11th-largest city. Clifton is located 10 miles west of New York City off both Route 3 and Route 46. Like most largely populated cities in New Jersey, Clifton has plenty of traffic and congestion. Take a few minutes to compare all the options for cheap car insurance Clifton can offer. We recommend doing so at least twice a year. It only takes a few minutes, and you can start by entering your zip code below.
Cheap Car Insurance Clifton Requirements
If you are caught driving without insurance you will face a fine between $300 and $1,000, a period of community services, and loss of your driver’s license for one year. New Jersey hopes that these stiff penalties will help lower the rate of uninsured drivers, and ultimately help consumers by lowering auto insurance rates.
- The state mandates that a “Basic Policy” be available to drivers who are facing financial hardship (usually reserved for young drivers), and includes:
- $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection
- $5,000 Property Damage liability
- This policy is the typical split-limit liability policy and includes the following minimum coverages:
- Bodily Injury liability: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage liability: $5,000
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person or accident
The New Jersey MVC’s website is built to help consumers renew their drivers licenses, register their vehicles, and prepare for licensing exams (among other services). You can also change your address online, order your motor vehicle report, and pay registration fees and traffic fines.
Public Transportation In Clifton
- NJ Transit trains follow the NJ Transit Main Line to Suffern and Hoboken Terminal. Until 1966, the Newark Branch of the Erie-Lackawanna Railroad served several stations in the town, Athenia (Colfax Avenue) and Allwood.
- NJ Transit provides bus service the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan, and to Newark.
- DeCamp Bus Lines provides service to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan.