Get a Quote
Camden, with a population of around 77,000 residents, is New Jersey’s 12th-most populated city. Camden is easily accessible to the states main cities by car, bike, pubic transit, and ferry. Camden is located just across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, and the downtown and central waterfront district are less than one mile east of Philadelphia. Camden is home to hospitals, schools, and attractions. The Camden waterfront holds four tourist attractions, the USS New Jersey; the BB&T Pavilion; Campbell’s Field; and the Adventure Aquarium. In this busy city, residents should explore all the choices for cheap car insurance Camden has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Camden Requirements
If you are caught driving without insurance you will face a fine between $300 and $1,000, a period of community services, and loss of your driver’s license for one year. New Jersey hopes that these stiff penalties will help lower the rate of uninsured drivers, and ultimately help consumers by lowering auto insurance rates.
- The state mandates that a “Basic Policy” be available to drivers who are facing financial hardship (usually reserved for young drivers), and includes:
- $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection
- $5,000 Property Damage liability
- This policy is the typical split-limit liability policy and includes the following minimum coverages:
- Bodily Injury liability: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage liability: $5,000
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person or accident
The New Jersey MVC’s website is built to help consumers renew their drivers licenses, register their vehicles, and prepare for licensing exams (among other services). You can also change your address online, order your motor vehicle report, and pay registration fees and traffic fines.
Public Transportation In Camden
- The PATCO Speedline provides rapid transit between Philadelphia and Lindenwold, New Jersey.
- The PATCO Broadway station is located in Camden’s Walter Rand Transportation Center and ofers a direct link to NJ Transit’s River LINE and regional bus lines.
- The NJ Transit RiverLINE light rail service currently operates over a 34-mile corridor between Camden and Trenton.
- The RiverLink Ferry is an historic way to cross the Delaware River between Penn’s Landing and the Camden Waterfront.
- The Walter Rand Transportation Center is a hub for 26 regional NJ Transit bus lines that connect Philadelphia, New Jersey, and New York.