Get a Quote
Bayonne is a city in Hudson County, New Jersey, located on a peninsula between Newark Bay and New York Bay. It shares a border with Jersey City and is connected to Staten Island by the Bayonne Bridge. The Bayonne Bridge is the fifth-longest steel arch bridge in the world, and until the completion of the New River Gorge Bridge, the it was the world’s longest bridge of its kind The estimated 2015 population is 66,311. Traditional manufacturing, distribution, and maritime activities remain a driving force of the economy of the city, and it’s many bridges and roadways are heavily congested. Residents should play it safe and take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Bayonne has to offer.
Cheap Car Insurance Bayonne Requirements
If you are caught driving without insurance you will face a fine between $300 and $1,000, a period of community services, and loss of your driver’s license for one year. New Jersey hopes that these stiff penalties will help lower the rate of uninsured drivers, and ultimately help consumers by lowering auto insurance rates.
- The state mandates that a “Basic Policy” be available to drivers who are facing financial hardship (usually reserved for young drivers), and includes:
- $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection
- $5,000 Property Damage liability
- This policy is the typical split-limit liability policy and includes the following minimum coverages:
- Bodily Injury liability: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage liability: $5,000
- Personal Injury Protection: $15,000 per person or accident
The New Jersey MVC’s website is built to help consumers renew their drivers licenses, register their vehicles, and prepare for licensing exams (among other services). You can also change your address online, order your motor vehicle report, and pay registration fees and traffic fines.
Public Transportation In Bayonne
- Bus transportation is provided by the state-operated NJ Transit and several private bus lines.
- MTA Regional Bus Operations is the first interstate bus service operated by the New York City Transit Authority.