Cheap Insurance Billings
Billings is the new center for Montana’s economic growth, thanks to the Bakken formation oil discover, and nearby Heath oil play. This means that the city continues to grow at a rapid pace, and waded the recession and the mortgage crisis with ease. So there’s a lot of wealth, and a lot of opportunity arising from the many businesses who have flocked to the city in recent years. This extends to the number of options for cheap insurance Billings has to offer. It’s a better time than any to re-shop your auto policy, especially if you haven’t done so in the last six months.
Some factors that affect your insurance in Billings:
- Severe weather can affect your rates for full coverage. Comprehensive coverages specifically, as it protects your car against damage not caused by a collision.
- Billings is a major trade and shipping center, which can mean some added traffic to the major roads. This can affect your rates for liability coverage.
- The city has a pretty extensive public transportation system which can help keep your costs low. Especially if you can use it to commute to and from work. Not only will you save gas money, but less miles on your car each year means you pay less in insurance costs.
- The cost of living in Billings is about 8 percent lower than the national average.
- The crime rate is about average for the nation, with over 400 cars stolen in 2012. Be sure to keep comprehensive coverage on your vehicle. If you install an alarm or other anti-theft device, you’ll get a discount on your premiums as well.