Cheap Insurance Lansing
Lansing is the capital of Michigan, and the state’s 5th-largest city. Mid-Michigan’s economic industries have shifted away from manufacturing to government, healthcare, and finance which is helping the region regain some of the population it has lost over the past few decades. These shifts in population force insurance companies to revise their rates frequently, and Lansing’s reputation as a great city for young adults also has an effect on your premiums. If you are looking for a better deal on your auto policy, the best way to find it is to look at all the options for cheap insurance Lansing can find you.
Here are some other ways to save:
- Keep in mind your city’s crime rate. There were over 400 cars stolen in 2012. If you are thinking of relocating it can pay to look at local crime maps for your area, as auto theft rates play a large part in the price you pay for certain coverages.
- Know your neighborhood. Cherry Hill residents will pay different premiums for certain coverages than residents of Hosmer, Old Town, or Westside.
- East Lansing and Downtown have the highest population density which affects the price for liability and physical damage coverage.
- CATA (Capital Area Transportation Authority) provides bus service throughout the city. If you are one of the growing number of commuters who are deciding to leave their car at home (or the growing number of bicyclists) you can save a lot of money! The less miles you drive each year the better your insurance rates will be.
- If you work for the government you might check if you are eligible for additional discounts. Many companies offer lower rates for people employed in public service jobs.
Have questions about auto insurance in your state? Want a quote for car insurance?
Start with your zipcode for a fast, free quote.
OR speak to an agent:
Local Lansing agencies we can beat in price.
2829 E Grand River Ave
Lansing, MI 48912
6642 Millett Hwy
Lansing, MI 48917
2411 Oak Valley Drive Suite 200
Ann Arbor, MI 48103