Cheap Insurance Lexington-Fayette
During the last five year’s Lexington-Fayette’s unemployment rate has steadily increased. This has made it all the more important to find the rates for cheap insurance Lexington-Fayette can offer. Kentucky requires certain minimum requirements. You can find a list on our state page.
Here are some facts about the city that affect local insurance rates.
Helpful Facts about Lexington-Fayette
- Almost 40% of residents have a college degree, making them eligible for the education-level discounts with most companies.
- The city is one of the wealthiest Kentucky towns, which means the average car value is higher. This can increase rates for certain coverages like Comprehensive and Collision.
- Traffic really only gets bad around Downtown. Lextran has decent routes, so you might consider public transportation. It can help lower your annual premiums.
- There were only around 1,100 motor vehicles thefts in the whole area for 2012 (according to FBI data).
- Certain neighborhoods are going to have better rates than others. For example, Downtown is going to be more expensive for Comprehensive coverage and liability than some of the surrounding suburbs such as Georgetown.
The Best Way To Save Money
The best thing you can do for yourself is to shop your auto policy at least twice a year. As you know, our country’s population has been shifting a great deal over the past decade, and insurance companies have had to constantly readjust their pricing to compensate. What does this mean for you? Well, if you’ve been with the same company for longer than a year, there’s a good chance another provider will offer you the same coverage for cheaper.
With our online tools, all you need to start getting quotes is your zip code!