Cheap Insurance Columbus
There are two major factors that have led to Columbus’ growing population. The first was the “Ready to Raft” program which created hundreds of jobs servicing the white-water rafting industry along the Chattahoochee River. The other was the recent military base shifts. Nearby Fort Benning is set to increase its training load, which will bring thousands of new residents into the city, most centered around the military industry. For insurance consumers, this probably means there will be new rate changes as new population data is analyzed. For this reason residents are advised to continually explore all the options for cheap insurance Columbus has available while prices are in flux.
Things To Know
- There are a dozen different highways and interstates passing in and around the town, which helps prevent the kind of traffic congestion some other cities see. This is good for liability rates.
- There is also plenty of public transportation, so if that’s an option for you daily commute, it is recommended. This can help lower the number of miles you put on your car each year, lowering your cost of insurance.
- The cost of living is a shade lower than Georgia’s average, but a full 7% lower than the national average.
- Auto thefts saw a 15% decrease in 2012, which helps keep comprehensive rates low.
- Different neighborhoods will have different rates for certain coverages. For instance, Baker Village may be more expensive for full coverage, and Briarwood may be more for liability, or vice versa. If you are planning on relocating, checking the rates for your new zip code before hand can help a lot.
Have questions about auto insurance in your state? Want a quote for car insurance?
Start with your zipcode for a fast, free quote.
OR speak to an agent:
Local Columbus agencies we can beat in price.
5946 Veterans Pkwy
Columbus, GA 31909
4355 Armour Rd
Columbus, GA 31904
3902 Hamilton Rd
Columbus, GA 31904
1224 Peacock Ave Ste 103
Columbus, GA 31906