Get a Quote
Pompano Beach is a city along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean just to the north of Fort Lauderdale. Pompano Beach, as part of the greater Miami metro area with an estimated 2015 population of 107,762. There are a number of seasonal residents in this coastal town but during the winter months things can get crowded, which doesn’t help the rate of traffic accidents. The city has a total area of 25.4 square miles of which 24.0 square miles is land and 1.4 square miles is water and includes about 3 miles of beachfront. Small space and lots of visitors means residents should take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Pompano Beach has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Pompano Beach Requirements
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance
- The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has authority over most auto-related matters; their website may be found here.
Public Transportation In Pompano Beach
- South Florida Regional Transportation Authority provides train service, and is located next to the Pompano Beach Tri-Rail station.
- Pompano Beach is also served by several bus routes operated by Broward County Transit. Two major transfer points are the Northeast Transit Center and Pompano Citi Centre