Get a Quote
Plantation, Florida has an estimated 2015 population of 92,560 but is part of the larger Miami statistical area which has over 5.5 million residents. Early population growth was explosive, but the city seems to have filled its boundaries at this point, so recent growth has slowed. Plantation is geographically centered in Broward County, and is home to a number of large national firms, including Motorola Solutions, National Beverage, Magic Leap and Kaplan University. This makes it a pretty busy place with the expected amount of traffic and congestion common to all Florida’s big cities. Residents should explore all the options for cheap car insurance Plantation offers and get the most protection they can.
Cheap Car Insurance Plantation Requirements
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
- Most insurance professionals will agree that the best way to save money is to check your rates against competitors. We suggest doing so at least twice a year (more, if possible).
Public Transportation In Plantation
Public transportation is provided by Broward County Transit, and in addition to these options:
- South Florida Regional Transportation Authority
- Miami Dade Transit
- Palm Beach Transit
- Save with Tri Rail “Rail Rewards” Program
- Broward County Greenways
- Broward Bike Share Program – Bcycle