Palm Coast's population has grown by almost 130% since 2000, and the city now has an estimated 2015 population of 82,893. Palm Coast is located in northeastern Flagler County and has had its fair share of hurricanes and tropical storms. The city continues to bounce back though, with new developments in business and housing. The city has plenty of attractions for visitors, including more than 40 parks and preserves and over 90 miles of trails for hiking, biking, kayaking, bird watching, fishing, boating. This growth is great for the local economy, however, with more growth comes more traffic and more parking difficulties. The more drivers on the road, the higher the rate of traffic accidents,residents should explore all the options for cheap car insurance Palm Coast agents can offer.
Cheap Car Insurance Palm Coast Requirements
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
- Most insurance professionals will agree that the best way to save money is to check your rates against competitors. We suggest doing so at least twice a year (more, if possible).
Public Transportation In Palm Coast
- Daytona Beach Greyhound Bus Terminal and Amtrak Train Station, T-17. For more information on other available transportation, see the visitors section of their web site.