Palm Bay is the biggest city in Florida's Brevard County, with an estimated 2015 population of around 107,888. The city is often referred to in four quadrants: Northwest, Northeast, Southwest, and Southeast. Palm Bay is developing its small portion of Bayside Lakes "downtown" to create a focus for the city. Huge portions of the city's roadways are in desperate need of repair, but residents have been hesitant to approve any expenditure bills. Potholes and old roads can cause a variety of problems for drivers, including damage to your car, higher insurance rates, and frequent traffic congestion. This makes it important for residents to look over the options for cheap car insurance Palm Bay has available, to get the most coverage possible.
Cheap Car Insurance Palm Bay Requirements
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance
- The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has authority over most auto-related matters; their website may be found here.
Public Transportation In Palm Bay
- Public transportation is provided by Space Coast Area Transit bus system.
- In 2013, the public works director reported that most roads in south Palm Bay were "failed roads," for lack of maintenance. So, taking the bus will definitely save wear and tear on your car!