Get a Quote
While the city of Miramar only as around 130,000 residents, it is part of South Florida’s metro area which has over 5.5 million. The city is fairly diverse, and the cost of living is low for the South Florida area. The city adopted a Comprehensive Land Use Plan in 1972 to provided the framework for the orderly development of future growth. There are 22 neighborhood parks, 1 regional park and 10 community parks in the city. Something not widely known is that the residential City of Miramar is one of the largest cities in size in the State of Florida, with 2/3 of land not yet developed. With all the growth going on, residents should explore all the options for cheap car insurance Miramar can offer.
Cheap Car Insurance Miramar Requirements
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance
- The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has authority over most auto-related matters; their website may be found here.
Public Transportation In Miramar
The City of Miramar Public Works Department Transit Operations provides fixed route Community Bus services in cooperation with Broward County Transit. For more on Miramar’s public transportation, visit their website. All buses are wheelchair accessible and bike rack equipped.