Get a Quote
Lakeland is in Polk County, Florida, just east of Tampa. Lakeland itself has a 2015 estimated population of 104,401, and the surrounding metro area has over 600,000 resident. It was primarily a citrus and mining town throughout its history, but has expanded its economy over the past couple decades to include tourism, medicine, insurance, music and other industries. Much of the culture of Lakeland revolves around its many lakes, and many people use the lakes as reference points in much the same way that people in other towns use streets as reference points. Lakeland is the largest city on Interstate 4 between Orlando and Tampa, so you can bet it sees it’s fair share of traffic congestion and accidents. Residents should take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Lakeland has to offer. If you’re looking to save money, the best thing you can do is comparison shop.
Cheap Car Insurance In Lakeland
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
- Most insurance professionals will agree that the best way to save money is to check your rates against competitors. We suggest doing so at least twice a year (more, if possible). With online rating systems, it’s easier than ever to get comparison quotes. Simply type in your zip code to get the process started!
Public Transportation In Lakeland
- Lakeland Amtrak Station
- Lakeland Linder Regional Airport
- Lakeland Greyhound Terminal
- Citrus Connection local bus service.