Get a Quote
While Hollywood’s population growth has tapered off over the last few years, it is still one of the main cities in South Florida, and part of the metropolitan area that includes over 5 million residents. The city is a big tourist hot spot, and Hollywood is filled with about 60 parks, seven golf courses, and sandy beaches that run for miles. The unemployment rate keeps dropping as new opportunities arise, and the city is a fairly popular tourist destination, especially for the cruise industry. Insurance rates don’t fluctuate much in the city, but you should still take a few minutes every now and then to look at the options for cheap car insurance Hollywood Florida can offer. Comparison shopping is still the best way to lower your auto insurance rates.
Cheap Car Insurance Hollywood Florida Requirements
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance
- The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has authority over most auto-related matters; their website may be found here.
Public Transportation In Hollywood Florida
Broward County Transit operates several bus routes that pass through the city of Hollywood. It is also served by Tri-Rail stations at Sheridan Street and Hollywood.