Get a Quote
Fort Myers is a gateway to the Southwest Florida region and a major tourist destination within Florida. The city has an estimated 2015 population of 74,013, and sees thousands of tourists each year. Two of the most prominent attractions are the winter homes of Thomas Edison (“Seminole Lodge”) and Henry Ford (“The Mangoes”). Interstate 75 runs directly through Fort Myers, so it sees plenty of commuter and tourist traffic. This means that residents should explore all the options for cheap car insurance Fort Myers has available. Remember to include some protection against mother nature!
Cheap Car Insurance Fort Myers Requirements
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
- Most insurance professionals will agree that the best way to save money is to check your rates against competitors. We suggest doing so at least twice a year (more, if possible).
Public Transportation In Fort Myers
- Florida 511-The 511 system covers all of Florida’s interstates and toll roads, and other major metropolitan roadways.
- Lee-Trans Bus & Trolly-Find out how to ride, view fare and pass information.
- Page Field-Read about Page Field, the premier business and general aviation airport of southwest Florida.
- SWFL International Airport-Obtain flight, parking, and airport information for the Southwest Florida International Airport.