Get a Quote
Deltona now has a 2015 estimated population of 88,474. Its location between Orlando and Daytona Beach makes it a popular stop for travelers and tourists. A large portion of its population were retirees, but the city has attracted a good deal of younger households in recent years. Because it is primarily a “bedroom community” there is mostly outgoing traffic during the week. Deltona is a mostly residential area, so most rely on the surrounding communities for their employment. They still get their fair share of traffic congestion however. Residents should consider all the options for cheap car insurance Deltona can offer.
Cheap Car Insurance In Deltona
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
- Most insurance professionals will agree that the best way to save money is to check your rates against competitors. We suggest doing so at least twice a year (more, if possible). With online rating systems, it’s easier than ever to get comparison quotes. Simply type in your zip code to get the process started!
Public Transportation In Deltona
- Votran provides bus service throughout the area, and also connects with SunRail. So there are some options for commuters who don’t want to put miles on their cars.
- Citywide public bus transportation and paratransit service is provided by Votran, a public transit service governed by the County of Volusia.
- SunRail provides commuter rail service to the Orlando area in the neighboring city of DeBary via Votran feeder bus service to the DeBary station, and a 275-space park and ride