Get a Quote
Clearwater, Florida holds the record for most consecutive sunshine days! If you’re not at the beach on your days off, chances are you’re cruising down the coast enjoying the sunshine and the beautiful beaches. The city only has a 2015 estimated 113,003 residents, and it sees a lot of tourist traffic. There are golf championships, music and jazz festivals, agricultural festivals, and even film festivals. These all contribute to the growing tourist traffic the city sees each year. This means more traffic and a higher risk of accidents. Residents should explore all the options for cheap car insurance Clearwater has available to get the best deal.
Cheap Car Insurance Clearwater Requirements
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance
- The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has authority over most auto-related matters; their website may be found here.
Public Transportation In Clearawater
- Right now the public transportation options are limited to PSTA buses, but there are plans to expand transportation options throughout the Tampa Bay region. If you can, leave your car at home! The less you drive the less risk you pose to insurance companies and they will reward you with lower liability rates.