Tallahassee is home to the Florida State Capitol, Florida Governor’s Mansion, Supreme Court of Florida, and nearly 30 state agency headquarters. In 2015, the population was 189,907, making the city the 126th-largest city in the United States. Sport tourism, and tourism in general, is the cities biggest resource. As a college town, the average driving age is statistically lower than other parts of Florida, which usually means a higher rate of traffic collisions. Take some time out of your day to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Tallahassee can offer.
Cheap Car Insurance Tallahassee Requirements
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
- Most insurance professionals will agree that the best way to save money is to check your rates against competitors. We suggest doing so at least twice a year (more, if possible). With online rating systems, it’s easier than ever to get comparison quotes. Simply type in your zip code to get the process started!
Public Transportation In Tallahassee
Using public transportation whenever you can is a great way to save. The lower the mileage on your car, the more you will save on your car insurance.