Get a Quote
Surrounded by beautiful water, this cruise destination city attracts millions of tourist dollars each year. The city is known for its extensive canal network, which has the added effect of funneling vehicle traffic into certain hot-spots. This can be a mess during tourist season, but you probably won’t mind since the weather is almost always beautiful. The only real concern for drivers is during tropical storm season, when hurricanes can wreak havoc on your car. If you need insurance, or just want to check your rates there are plenty of choices for cheap car insurance Fort Lauderdale can offer.
Cheap Car Insurance Fort Lauderdale Requirements
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
- Most insurance professionals will agree that the best way to save money is to check your rates against competitors. We suggest doing so at least twice a year (more, if possible). With online rating systems, it’s easier than ever to get comparison quotes. Simply type in your zip code to get the process started!
Public Transportation In Fort Lauderdale
Because there is such a high volume of tourism in Fort Laurderdale, they have a very effective public transportation network. They encourage environmentally friendly modes of transportation, and you can see a complete listing here.