Get a Quote
The population estimate for the statistical area was 679,513 for 2014. The city is known as a “Waterfront Wonderland”, with over 400 mi of navigable waterways, Cape Coral has more miles of canals than any other city in the world. In 2016 Forbes Magazine named the City of Cape Coral as # 9 of the “Top 25 City’s To Retire in the United States.” While the waterways can be navigated by boat, there are still a number of bridges and highways for those who prefer their car. Because of the way the city is laid out, the average commute time is around 30 minutes, but if there is a crash on one of the two bridges, getting in and out of the city can take even longer. This makes it important to know all the options for cheap car insurance Cape Coral has to offer.
Cheap Car Insurance Cape Coral Requirements
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance
- The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has authority over most auto-related matters; their website may be found here.
Public Transportation In Cape Coral
Public transportation services in Cape Coral are provided by LeeTran. LeeTran operates 18 fixed-route bus services, including six within Cape Coral. Buses operate Monday through Saturday between 5:00 am and 9:45 pm.