Wellington is in Palm Beach County just west of West Palm Beach. Referred to officially as the Village of Wellington, is the fifth largest municipality in Palm Beach County by population and the most populous village in the state. The area is well known for its parks, quality schools, attractive neighborhoods and equestrian activities.The Big Blue Forest Preserve is located in the Village of Wellington, contains wetlands and old-growth cypress trees, some more than 300 years old. The preserve is approximately ninety-two acres in size and was named for the blue haze that rises from the treetops of the mammoth trees. The cost of living in Wellington is 22% higher than the Florida average, and 21% higher than the national average. The price of goods and services are 3% higher than the average of Florida, and as 2% higher than the nation’s average. This can cause insurance costs to rise as well. However, the fact that the overall crime rate in Wellington is 29% lower than the national average helps to balance it and bring the cost down. Still, it is worth it to take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Wellington has available, as well as any discounts you may qualify for.
Cheap Car Insurance In Wellington
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
Public Transportation In Wellington
The average travel time to work in Wellington is 10% higher than the national average, and there is 1 airport and 3 Amtrak train stations within 30 miles of the Wellington city center. Wellington’s public transportation consists of Palm Tran. There are not a lot of public transportation options, so it makes sense that the number of people who take public transportation in Wellington is 77% lower than the national average. Carpooling can lower your auto insurance rates by decreasing your yearly mileage. This will help you qualify for the low mileage discount.