Titusville is located in the northern half of Brevard County, and is the county seat of Brevard County, Florida. Titusville is a principal city of the Palm Bay–Melbourne–Titusville Metropolitan Statistical Area. It is positioned on the Indian River, to the west of Merritt Island and the Kennedy Space Center and south-southwest of the Canaveral National Seashore. The city has benefited from tourism associated with the space program and many of Titusville’s major employers are aerospace companies. The TICO Warbird Air Show each March draws about 40,000–50,000 visitors. The city also gets a positive economic effect from bikers on their way to the annual Daytona Beach Bike Week. Knight’s Armament Company in Titusville is the state’s largest manufacturer of small arms. Parrish Medical Center, located in Titusville, is the city’s largest employer. The cost of living in Titusville is 13% lower than the Florida average, and 14% lower than the national average. The city’s goods and services are 6% lower than the states average and 6% lower than the U.S. average. The overall crime rate in Titusville is 62% higher than the national average. This makes it very important to understand all the options for cheap car insurance Titusville has to offer, as well as any discounts you may qualify for.
Cheap Car Insurance In Titusville
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
Public Transportation In Titusville
The average travel time to work in Titusville is 4% lower than the national average, and the number of people who take public transportation in Titusville is 86% lower than the national average. Titusville is provided buse service by SCAT, and Eastern Florida State College Students ride for free with a Class Pass. The number of people who carpool to work in Titusville is 5% higher than the national average. For those who have to travel to work, public transportation is the key to keeping down the mileage on your car. The less miles you have, the easier it will be to qualify for the low mileage discount.