Tamarac is part of the Miami–Fort Lauderdale–Pompano Beach Metropolitan Statistical Area, and was founded by developer Kenneth E. Behring in 1963. The city began as an active adult community of two-bedroom maintenance-free homes, and has now grown to include a much broader demographic and increased business developments. Tamarac is situated in western Broward County, providing access to highways, railways, airports and waterways, and a wealth of cultural and sports activities. Tamarac is home to more than 60,000 residents and approximately 2,000 businesses and covers a 12-square mile area. The Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of sports leagues for youths and adults including Youth Basketball, Men’s Basketball, Youth Soccer, Flag Football, Girls’ Softball, Co-ed Softball and Men’s Softball. The cost of living in Tamarac is 2% lower than the Florida average, and 4% lower than the national average. The overall crime rate is also low, at 18% below the national average, making Tamarac is safer than 38% of the cities in the United States. Statistics about crime rates and cost of living influence the cost of insurance premiums. This makes it very important to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Tamarac can offer.
Cheap Car Insurance In Tamarac
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
Public Transportation In Tamarac
There are 2 airports and 6 Amtrak train stations within 30 miles of the Tamarac city center. Broward County Transit provides bus service in Tamarac. The average travel time to work in Tamarac is 13% higher than the national average, yet The number of people who take public transportation in Tamarac is 37% lower than the national average. The number of people who carpool to work in Tamarac is also low, at 18% lower than the national average. Public transit and carpooling are both very effective for lowering you yearly mileage, and qualifying you for a good discount on your car insurance.