Sarasota located at the southern end of the Tampa Bay Area, north of Fort Myers and Punta Gorda on the southwestern coast of Florida. Amish community, and the Sarasota School of Architecture, as well as cultural and environmental amenities, beaches, resorts, all make Sarasota a great place to visit or live. The islands separating Sarasota Bay from the gulf near the city are famous worldwide. They are known as the keys, and for the quality of their sandy beaches. Sarasota boundries include St. Armands Key, Otter Key, Coon Key, Bird Key, and portions of Siesta Key. The Asolo Repertory Theater is situated at the intersection of Pineapple Avenue and Second Street. It has been restored and used for vaudeville performances or movie screenings, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The cost of living in Sarasota is 3% higher than the Florida average, and 2% higher than the national average. The average cost of goods and services is 7% higher than it is in Florida, and 6% higher than the national average. These cost of living rates will affect how much you pay for your auto insurance. Crime rates are also important. The overall crime rate in Sarasota is 71% higher than the national average. This makes it very important to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Sarasota has to offer, as well as any discounts you may qualify for.
Cheap Car Insurance In Sarasota
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
There are 2 Amtrak train stations within 30 miles of the Sarasota city center, and the average travel time to work in Sarasota is 24% lower than the national average. The number of people who carpool to work in Sarasota is 4% higher than the national average. Carpooling is the best option if you live in Saraasota and commute every day. You can lower your auto insurance rates by decreasing your yearly mileage, which will help you qualify for the low mileage.