Sanford is one of Central Florida’s oldest incorporated cities and is bordered by Lake Mary to the southwest and to the north by Lake Monroe and DeBary. The south shore of Lake Monroe is known as the “Historic Waterfront Gateway City,” and sits approximately 20 miles northeast of Orlando. RiverWalk is a 1.20 mile stretch along Lake Monroe with gazebos, swinging benches, and pedestrian walking paths. Close by is the Veterans Memorial Park, Marina Island, Ft. Mellon Park, and the Sanford Museum. Seminole State College of Florida and the Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens also call Sanford home. Because the city is so close to Disney World Orlando, Sanford’s economy has trended towards tourism, service industries and residential development. The cost of living in Sanford is 10% lower than the Florida average and 11% lower than the national average. The overall crime rate in Sanford is 87% higher than the national average. However, a 2014 report shows that the number of total year over year crimes in Sanford has decreased by 12%. Crime rates and cost of living influence the cost of insurance premiums. This makes it very important to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Sanford can offer.
Cheap Car Insurance In Sanford
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
Public Transportation In Sanford
There are 2 airports and 4 Amtrak train stations within 30 miles of the Sanford city center. The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) provides bus service in Sanford, and Sanford is connected to the central Florida commuter railway SunRail, with the station 2 miles from the downtown. Sanford has added five electric car charging stations to support the green initiatives. The average travel time to work in Sanford is 5% higher than the national average. Public transit and carpooling are both very effective for lowering you yearly mileage, and qualifying you for a good discount on your car insurance.