Poinciana is a census-designated place (CDP) in Osceola and Polk counties in Florida, and is southwest of Kissimmee and approximately 14 miles east of Haines City. The greater Poinciana Area has a population of between 53,193 and 83,107, which puts the city as one of the fastest growth areas in Central Florida over the past decade. U.S. Highway 17/92, which is part of the Orange Blossom Trail, runs through the north portion of Poinciana. The Poinciana Parkway, also called State Road 538,was opened on April 30, 2016. This is a toll road that connects Poinciana more directly to Interstate 4. The cost of living in Poinciana is 8% lower than the Florida average, and 9% lower than the national average. The cost of retail goods and services in Poinciana, FL are 6% lower than the state average for Florida and 6% lower than the rest of the country. These statistics are important factors in determining the cost of your auto insurance, as well as crime rates. The overall crime rate in Poinciana is 76% higher than the national average. This makes if very important to understand all the options for cheap car insurance Poinciana has available, as well as any discounts you may qualify for.
Cheap Car Insurance In Poinciana
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
Public Transportation In Poinciana
There are 2 airports and 3 Amtrak train stations within 30 miles of the Poinciana city center. The average travel time to work in Poinciana is 66% higher than the national average, so any time you can utilize public transportation will help save you money on your auto insurance. Local bus service is provided from Poinciana to Kissimmee and Haines City by the Lynx network. Poinciana is planned to be the southern terminus of the SunRail system. The number of people who carpool to work in Poinciana is 22% higher than the national average. Carpooling can lower your auto insurance rates by decreasing your yearly mileage. This will help you qualify for the low mileage discount.