Pinellas Park is a hundred year old city that is now the fourth largest city in Pinellas County, and the most densely-populated county in Florida. It sits roughly in the middle of the Tampa Bay which has over two million people and is known for its popular equestrian events. Many residents also participate in fishing and water activities in nearby venues. The cities borders are only a few miles from Tampa Bay, Boca Ciega Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. The city has historically been subject to flooding, but a network of drainage canals and other measures by the Pinellas Park Water Management District have corrected the problem. The Florida State Fair and Florida Strawberry Festival are two annual events that bring in many tourists every year. The city’s oldest street is Park Boulevard. It has a variety of shops where you can get anything from produce to high-end luxury vehicles. The cost of living in Pinellas Park is 8% lower than the Florida average, and 9% lower than the national average. The overall crime rate in Pinellas Park is 118% higher than the national average. However, 2014 reports show that the number of total year over year crimes in Pinellas Park has decreased by 1%. Crime rates and cost of living influence insurance premiums, so it is important to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Pinellas Park can offer.
Cheap Car Insurance In Pinellas Park
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
Public Transportation In Pinellas Park
There are 2 airports and 6 Amtrak train stations within 30 miles of the Pinellas Park city center. Because there are not many public transportation options, the number of people who carpool to work in Pinellas Park is 34% higher than the national average. Carpooling is the best option if you live in Pinellas Park and commute every day. You can lower your auto insurance rates by decreasing your yearly mileage, which will help you qualify for the low mileage.