Palm Harbor is a residential community with several areas of commerce is located 35 km north of downtown St. Petersburg and west of Tampa. Downtown Palm Harbor has many small shops and eateries as well as a handful of historic buildings. It is locaated north of Tampa Road between U.S. Highway 19. The historic downtown district of Palm Harbor has numerous festivals and craft fairs. A few miles east of downtown there is access to higher concentrations of stores, with a variety of national chain restaurants and retailers. Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club is a nationally regarded golf course, and is located on U.S. 19. Palm Harbor has a “hilly” geography which is not common in Florida, and offers a variety of recreational activities. The cost of living in Palm Harbor is equal to the Florida average, and 1% lower than the national average. Goods and services in Palm Harbor are 7% lower than the average in Florida and 8% lower than compared to the nationwide average. This is good news for residents, as low cost of living helps keep down the cost of auto insurance premiums. Crime rates are also important, and the overall crime rate in Palm Harbor is 13% higher than the national average. This means it is especially important to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Palm Harbor has to offer, and shop around for the best price.
Cheap Car Insurance In Palm Harbor
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
Public Transportation In Palm Harbor
There are 2 airports and 6 Amtrak train stations within 30 miles of the Palm Harbor city center. The number of people who take public transportation in Palm Harbor is 88% lower than the national average. This may be because the number of people who work from home in Palm Harbor is 62% higher than the national average. However, carpooling or taking the bus can lower your auto insurance rates by decreasing your yearly mileage. This will help you qualify for the low mileage discount.