Ormond Beach is a principal city of the Deltona–Daytona Beach–Ormond Beach, FL Metropolitan Statistical Area. The city is located in the northern neighbor of Daytona Beach and is home to Tomoka State Park. The park has West Indian manatees, alligators, white-tailed deer, gopher tortoises, bobcats, and 160 species of birds. Ormond Beach is known as the”Birthplace of Speed” since it became a proving ground for automobile inventors and drivers in 1903. The smooth, hard-packed sands of Ormond was perfect for racing on the beach and introducing the world to motorsports, and is now home to a small replica of the Ormond Garage. Many tourists are drawn to Ormond for the spectacular beaches, fascinating culture and history, outstanding hotels, colorful shopping, and unique dining. The cost of living in Ormond Beach is equal to the Florida average, and 1% lower than the national average. The overall crime rate in Ormond Beach is 58% higher than the national average. However, 2014 reports show that the number of total year over year crimes in Ormond Beach has increased by 2%. Cost of living and fluctuating crime rates help to keep insurance rates competitive. It pays to shop around and explore the many options for cheap car insurance Ormond Beach can offer, as well as any discounts you may qualify for.
Cheap Car Insurance In Ormond Beach
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
Public Transportation In Ormond Beach
There is 1 airport and 1 Amtrak train station within 30 miles of the Ormond Beach city center, and the average travel time to work in Ormond Beach is 16% lower than the national average. Votran of Volusia County government, provides bus access to shopping, employment, healthcare and entertainment in the Volusia County area. For those who have to travel to work, public transportation is the key to keeping down the mileage on your car. The less miles you have, the easier it will be to qualify for the low mileage discount.