North Port is in southern Sarasota County, Florida and part of the Bradenton–Sarasota Metropolitan Statistical Area. North Port has strong roots, and is rich with archaeological history, natural springs, and more than 80 miles of freshwater canals. It also has more than 800 miles of local roadways, and is home to one of the largest in the Southwest Florida region, the Coastal Cruisers Bicycle Club. North Port has an entire state forest inside its city limits, plus s miles of horse trails, mountain bike trails, natural hiking paths, and bird watching opportunities. In 2019, North Port will be the Spring Training home for the Atlanta Braves. The cost of living in North Port is 1% lower than the Florida average, and 2% lower than the national average. The cost of retail goods and services are 7% higher than the average for Florida and 6% higher than the rest of the country. These rates can influence the cost of insurance, as well as crime rates. Lucky for North Port residents, the overall crime rate in North Port is 45% lower than the national average. It still makes sense to take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance North Port has available, as well as any discount you may qualify for.
Cheap Car Insurance In North Port
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
Public Transportation In North Port
There are 2 Amtrak train stations within 30 miles of the North Port city center, and the average travel time to work in North Port is 7% higher than the national average. Sarasota County provides bus service to North Port, however, the number of people who take public transportation in North Port is 88% lower than the national average. The number of people who carpool to work in North Port is also low, at 46% below the national average. Carpooling is the best option if you live in North Port and commute every day. You can lower your auto insurance rates by decreasing your yearly mileage, which will help you qualify for the low mileage.