Doral is located just one mile from Miami International Airport and seven miles from Downtown Miami. The city only occupies a land area of 15 square but still has a large number of shops, financial institutions and businesses. Because of its proximity to the airport, importers and exporters are popular and do well in Doral. CNN Money and Fortune Small Business ranked Doral as 51 on a list of 100 cities with the best mix of business advantages and lifestyle appeal in 2008. The city is home to an excess of 100,000 people who work in Miami. Carnival Cruise Lines have their headquarters in Doral, as well as Amadeus North America, AAXICO, Benihana, and Perry Ellis International. One of the five Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta branch offices, the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta Miami Branch Office, is also located in Doral. The cost of living in Doral is 26% higher than the Florida average, and 25% higher than the national average. The overall crime rate in Doral is 32% higher than the national average. However, 2014 reports show that the number of total year over year crimes in Doral has decreased by 10%. Cost of living and crime rates can influence the cost of your auto insurance. This makes it very important to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Doral has available, as well as any discounts you may qualify for.
Cheap Car Insurance In Doral
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
Public Transportation In Doral
There are 2 airports and 5 Amtrak train stations within 30 miles of the Doral city center. The number of people who take public transportation in Doral is 82% lower than the national average. Doral Trolley provides service in and around the city, and even has a tracker available through the City of Doral’s “Doral e-Gov” smart phone application. Miami-Dade Transit provides bus service to the city as well. Carpooling and using the bus can lower your auto insurance rates by decreasing your yearly mileage. This will help you qualify for the low mileage discount.