Coral Gables is located four miles from Miami International Airport. Called the “City Beautiful,” it has over 140 dining establishments and gourmet shops, and international retailers. It also has very interesting landmarks, including the Venetian Pool, Douglas Entrance, the Miami Biltmore hotel, as well as many fine residences. Coral Gables was one of the first cities in Florida to adopt a Historical Resources Ordinance. The past three decades have brought very healthy growth which has bolstered the economic base. Coral Gables is now home to approximately 155 multinationals and 26 consulates and trade offices being known as the Fine Dining Capital of South Florida. The cost of living in Coral Gables is 62% higher than the Florida average, and 60% higher than the national average. The overall crime rate in Coral Gables is 17% higher than the national average, but the city is still safer than 44% of the cities in the United States. High cost of living and low crime help to keep insurance rates competitive. It pays to shop around and explore the many options for cheap car insurance Coral Gables can offer, as well as any discounts you may qualify for.
Cheap Car Insurance In Coral Gables
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
Public Transportation In Coral Gables
There are 2 airports and 5 Amtrak train stations within 30 miles of the Coral Gables city center. Coral Gables Trolley is a free service provided by the City of Coral Gables with assistance from the Miami-Dade County Half Penny Transportation Surtax, the Florida Department of Transportation, and the Metropolitan Planning Organization. The number of people who carpool to work in Coral Gables is 30% lower than the national average. For those who have to travel to work, public transportation is the key to keeping down the mileage on your car. The less miles you have, the easier it will be to qualify for the low mileage discount.