Coconut Creek is a well-planned community with a unique environmental awareness that has earned it the nickname the “Butterfly Capital of the World”. Downtown has trees, waterways, attractive landscaped roads, beautiful parks, and butterfly gardens throughout the neighborhoods.Coconut Creek is the first city in the state of Florida to be certified as a “Community Wildlife Habitat”. The city bounded by Coral Springs and Margate on its west, Pompano Beach on its east and southeast, Palm Beach County on the north, and Deerfield Beach on its east. Coconut Creek is part of the Miami–Fort Lauderdale–Pompano Beach Metropolitan Statistical Area, with and estimated 2016 population of 59,405. Coconut Creek has been named one of the “Best Cities to Live in America” by Money Magazine, and a? ?Top Ten Place to Live in Florida by Movoto and NerdWallet. The cost of living in Coconut Creek is 2% higher than the Florida average, and only 1% higher than the national average. The overall crime rate in Coconut Creek is 22% lower than the national average. Crime rates and the cost of living influence the cost of insurance premiums. This makes it very important to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Coconut Creek can offer.
Cheap Car Insurance In Coconut Creek
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
Public Transportation In Coconut Creek
There are 2 airports and 5 Amtrak train stations within 30 miles of the Coconut Creek city center. The City of Coconut Creek offers free trolley service. The City also operates two free community bus routes, which allows passengers to shop, visit, and travel within the Coconut Creek area. The number of people who take public transportation in Coconut Creek is 78% lower than the national average. However, the number of people who carpool to work in Coconut Creek is 4% higher than the national average.