Bonita Springs is located on both Estero Bay and the Gulf of Mexico in Lee County, Florida. Bonita Beach Park is a 2.5-acre beachfront park with a boardwalk and swimming area, as well as 10 beach accesses with public parking located up and down Bonita Beach. Barefoot Beach Preserve Park is another favorite coastal area with 342 acres of natural land and is one of the last undeveloped barrier islands on Florida’s southwest coast. The Imperial River flows through the downtown district of Bonita Springs and empties out into Estero Bay. The Everglades Wonder Gardens is a wildlife exhibition and a refuge for injured animals. It has a large collection of Florida wildlife including exotic birds, panthers, alligators, flamingos and bears, as well as a botanical garden and a natural history museum. The cost of living in Bonita Springs is 11% higher than the Florida average, and 10% higher than the national average. The overall crime rate in Bonita Springs is 35% lower than the national average and the city is safer than 48% of the cities in the United States. These are important statistics that can influence the cost of your auto insurance. This makes it very important to understand all the options for cheap car insurance Bonita Springs has to offer, as well as any discounts you may qualify for.
Cheap Car Insurance In Bonita Springs
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
Public Transportation In Bonita Springs
There are 2 airports and 2 Amtrak train stations within 30 miles of the Bonita Springs city center. LeeTran operates 18 fixed bus routes which last year provided more than 3 million rides to residents and visitors. In addition, LeeTran provides a “Park and Ride” trolley service to and from Fort Myers Beach. The number of people who work from home in Bonita Springs is 73% higher than the national average. This may be why the number of people who take public transportation in Bonita Springs is 48% lower than the national average. For those who have to travel to work, public transportation is the key to keeping down the mileage on your car. The less miles you have, the easier it will be to qualify for the low mileage discount.