How Can You Save More Money On Cheap Insurance Today?
The best ideas are sometimes kept unsaid. But in the insurance world, ideas on savings are out in the open. They are there for you to explore and navigate. You just need a little time to do your research and get a great insurance broker. This blog will help you navigate savings for every type of insurance including car insurance. When you save on insurance you feel relief. Whether you live in sunny California or downtown Detroit, Michigan, you can find savings. We all need insurance one way or another. It is now a huge part of our culture. In fact more people buy insurance now than they ever have throughout history. And still almost 20% of Americans don’t have car insurance. More are not insured for health insurance. Let’s take a look at why.
There are a few good reasons we can all think of for not having the right insurance. Time, money, worth, ability. But what if I told you that there is a one-stop shop for all the insurance you need. I’m talking about having a broker like the ones at Cheap Insurance. Having someone knowledgable help you find insurance will take less time than you might think. Get in the ring and start saving. Take the bull by the horns and get the coverage you and your family need to feel secure. From driving to work or to your childs soccer games, cheap car insurance is a must in any state. You should have the type of insurance you desire. Navigate this blog and find the answers you need.
Where Can I Start Saving?
Start by making a list of the insurance you want. Put down everything you might possibly want covered. When talking about insuring your home, this might mean more liability insurance if you have a pool. It could even mean theft coverage for your valuables. Your dream list might consist of having the optimal amount of life insurance too. Usually this consists of having at least ten times your annual salary.
For car insurance, your wants might look like this:
- Bodily Injury Liability Limits: $30,000 per occurrence/ $15,000 per person
- Property Damage Liability Limits: $5,000 per occurrence
- Comprehensive coverage which will cover things like theft or small damages not incurred in an auto accident.
- Collision Coverage which will take care of your own car if you are in an accident.
- Medical coverage for you and your passengers- Medical coverage can make a huge difference for your security and safety.
- Towing and roadside assistance- You may not only need this for a crash, but if you break down. Roadside assistance can save you time and money.
- Rental reimbursement- You could be covered or reimbursed for a rental car when you are involved in a crash.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage- this will make sure that you are still covered even if someone without insurance hits you.
- Full glass coverage- this is additional coverage for your car to cover glass windows and doors.
- Loan/lease coverage- when you have a loan or a lease out on a vehicle, your coverage needs to be different. Most of the time a full policy is required.
Dream Insurance Savings
When we talk about cheap auto insurance, a lot of times people think that their coverage will be less because they pay less. In this case, less is more. You can always find ways to save money on your car insurance. The first step is to be a safe driver that has a good record. If you have at least a clean driving record, there are many discounts to choose from. Here are a list of discounts that most insurance companies offer:
- Discounts for safety courses taken- taking a safety course can help your premiums go down because it proves that you are a safe driver.
- Marital discounts
- Good driver discounts- having a driving record which shows safe driving and responsible skills will only help you when shopping for insurance.
- Multi-car discounts- Not only having multiple cars can help, but the types of cars your family drives could save you.
- Multi-policy discounts- You may want to consider getting homeowners insurance, motorcycle insurance, car insurance, SR22 insurance and much more from the same insurance company.
- Association discounts
- Education discounts
- Occupation discounts- Depending on what kind of job you have and how far you need to commute for that job could make a difference in your policy choice and price.
- Excess vehicle discounts
- Mileage discounts- Keeping low miles on your vehicle should keep your premiums lower.
Less Payment, More Savings
Getting the best quotes around when it comes to your cheap car insurance means digging a little further than you might expect. Here are some steps you can take to start the savings process.
- Get online and compare and contrast quotes with the online quote generators many companies offer.
- Google things like “cheap car insurance” and “how to get cheap auto insurance”, this will help give you a list of comparable companies to search through.
- Make your own personal list of “must haves” and “wants” compare these lists and see what you can go without.
- Understand the type of car you drive. The faster the car and the bigger the engine, the more insurance might cost. Don’t get bogged down. If you love your car, the insurance cost will be worth it.
- Look over a few blogs on car insurance discounts. They can help you better understand how many discounts are out there and which ones you might qualify for.
- Try to bundle your costs and see if you save. I bet you will! You can do this through a broker or by talking to a customer service representative online.
- Make a list of the insurance companies you like and what you want out of an insurance company. Do you like 24/7 customer service? Some carriers offer this and some don’t. Be aware.
- Last but not least, get someone who is knowledgeable on your side. An insurance broker is there to work for you and not the insurance company. You need to confide in a professional who won’t steer you in the wrong direction.
Teenagers and cars
Teenage drivers are the hardest to find discounts for. But some new ideas on how to save are this: get them in a great drivers safety program. Use incentives at home to keep them safe on the road. Teenage drivers are twice as likely to get into a crash than adult drivers. And this means your pocket book will be affected. Talk to your teen about distracted driving. We all do it right? But make the message loud and clear that you will have to pay more if they get into an accident. Money can be a big incentive. You can even add that your teen would need to pay the insurance costs if they were to hit someone. This might sound harsh, but responsibility starts young. And driving an automobile is a big responsibility. Give them the chance to be a good driver, while warning them about the cause and affect of distracted driving.
Causes of distracted driving:
- Talking on a cellphone
- Using a mobile device to access the internet while driving and surfing the web
- Watching videos or movies or using entertainment devices
- Using social media or taking selfies or streaming live video
- Grooming (combing hair, putting on makeup)
- Partying in a car, having rowdy passengers or driving under emotional duress, and even dancing
- Reading, whether it’s a newspaper or textbook, visually reading directions or instructions, or email.
Why Fuss Over Insurance?
The best way to look at car insurance is through the eyes of another driver. If you hit someone out on the road, they shouldn’t have to pay for the damages. But most likely you won’t have thousands of dollars in cash laying around. Having your cheap car insurance coverage will make you more at ease when driving as well. Following the laws and getting your ducks in a row helps lower your anxiety when behind the wheel. Remember that there are still 20% of drivers out there without the right car insurance. That means if you are hit by one of these drivers, you will pay out of pocket unless you have uninsured motorist coverage. Get the best coverage and when you do, you might be surprised how little it actually costs you. Try paying your yearly premium or 6th month premium instead of a monthly premium. This could save you $40, $100, $200, it just depends! Fuss over insurance because it is the one thing out on the road that can protect you and your family. From extra medical coverage to theft coverage, insuring your vehicle the right way won’t ever feel wrong.
The Big Picture
More often than not, you will not need your insurance. It is simply there for protection. And most of you are great drivers. But there are times in life when things happen. Accidents can either happen to you, or you can be the one at fault. Getting into an accident can happen from reaching down and grabbing your coffee and taking your eyes off the road for a minute. Maybe you have a blind spot when driving your car and you accidentally back into someone. Perhaps you lent your car to your teen and they hit another driver. All of this means cheap auto insurance coverage will save you money out of pocket. Having a grasp on why you need insurance makes it easier to buy the kind you need. Everyone needs something, but more insurance coverage doesn’t necessarily mean you will end up paying more.
Here is how you can start the insurance buying process:
Log into your quote generator page from Cheap Insurance or another broker.
- Choose your product: Auto, Health, Home, Life, Renter, or Motorcycle
- • Enter your zip code
- • Presto! – get your quote.
When you find the coverage you like, you can purchase it online. From the comfort of your home you can have a policy delivered to your e-mail inbox within minutes.
I need insurance, but I don’t know where to start?
Insurance can be a daunting purchase. There are thousands of agencies all shouting different prices, features, and contingencies. Don’t let the mass of agencies paralyze you from becoming insured. It is best to keep things simple. If you are the type of person that likes fast and easy, then an online calculator is a great place to start. If you are someone who wants more one on one attention, try dealing with a private insurance agent in your area. This might cost more so keep that in mind. Getting a great deal might mean doing things a little outside of your comfort zone. But once you have the insurance you really want, all you will have to do is keep up to date on your insurance premiums.
Do insurance calculators work?
We’ve only seen one calculator that is accurate. However, we urge you to remember most agencies use an extensive formula to calculate your insurance rate. Most formulas include your credit score. There are other factors that insurance companies use to calculate your rates. Here are some of those:
- Your zip code and where you live. Depending on where you live, traffic, theft and other factors come into play.
- How good of a driver you really are. Your driving record reflects a lot. Make sure you pay your tickets and never drink and drive.
- What kind of car you drive and how large the engine is inside that car. Getting the best rates on cheap insurance means understanding why a faster car is riskier to an insurance company.
- How far you drive every year. The more you are out on the road the more likely you are at risk for an accident. These are just statistics. Statistics are what insurance companies rely on to make decisions about cost.
- Have you taken a drivers safety course? Taking a course could decrease your insurance bill.
- What age are the drivers in your family. If you are over the age of 25, your bill will start to decline every year. Under the age of 25 and you are consider a more at risk driver.
Can agents get me lower prices than web sites?
Most of the time agents will offer the same premium as direct quotes online. However, speaking with an agent can help you build an insurance plan that works for you. Insurance can be complicated, having someone with whom to discuss concerns can be a very powerful thing. So here are all of the facts. Whether you are talking with an agent over the phone or getting an online quote from a generator, you should have most of the facts needed to make a great decision for you and your family. Rates are just half of the issue. What you really need to focus on is the safety of those you love. Getting the full coverage you deserve is one way to make sure you never have to worry about paying out of pocket. Keep those deductibles low and you will feel even better about your cheap insurance buy.