How The Best Insurance Is Only A Click Away
Illinois is a state of beauty, four seasons, and sometimes extreme weather.
The people who live here range from metropolitan businessmen, to farmers to housewives.
You get a little taste of everything in this great state.
With strong wind and sometimes even stronger snow drifts, driving can be hazardous.
In the bigger cities such as Chicago, residents have a great public transportation system for this very reason.
But if you are living in a smaller town or a rural community, getting to and from work everyday can be a challenge.
There are ups and downs of purchasing insurance in a rural place.
For one, there are less people. This is a positive.
But on the other hand, many people need to have four wheel drive vehicles to make it through the snow and ice conditions.
When you live in the big city, you don’t really need a car.
But if you have one, you will end up paying more for auto insurance because of the high volume of drivers and taxis.
Car insurance in Illinois is a must!
Why Your Need Insurance In Illinois
- Up to 15% of Illinois drivers do not have an active car insurance policy. Considering the population rates, this is a lot of uninsured drivers!
- Failure to present proof of insurance results in immediate license suspension and a minimum fine of $500.
- It is a state law to have insurance and if you have a loan out on your vehicle, many banks make you obtain full coverage.
- Every state has different mandatory requirements for insurance.
Here are the minimum state requirements for Illinois:
- Minimum coverage for bodily injury or death for one person is $25,000.
- Illinois’ minimum coverage for bodily injury or death for multiple people per accident is $50,000.
- The state minimum coverage for damage to another person’s property is $20,000.
If you have a loan out on your vehicle in this state, or you just want more coverage you should obtain it.
Getting the best cheap car insurance in Illinois can be easier than you think.
Here are some added coverages that can help protect you and your car:
- Comprehensive: covers your car for any damage not caused by a traffic accident.
- Collision: covers damage to your car if you are fond at fault.
- Rental car: provides reimbursement for any rental fees while your vehicle is being repaired.
- Towing or roadside assistance: can cover the cost of transporting your car to an auto shop, flat tire repair, or even gas if you go empty on the road.
- Uninsured Motorist: covers you if you are hit by a driver who doesn’t have auto insurance.
Get the cheap car insurance Illinois residents like you are already enjoying!
It only takes a few minutes to compare hundreds of options and discounts.
You can get a real quote from quote generators at thegeneral.com.
You can even check out Cheap Insurance for more answers.
What We Found
When searching for real quotes from real people online, we were able to find great information.
Visiting The General really made it easy to get a quote fast.
We wanted to use two different people, one male and one female.
There are many factors that can get you a great rate on car insurance.
Your sex is one of those factors.
Along with your zip code, age and marital status, you can find a very reliable quote within minutes.
Here are some different real quotes we were able to find to show how much car insurance might cost you in different cities in Illinois.
- Our first driver is a female who lives in Chicago. She is single and 33 years old. This driver has had insurance for 10 years and has never had an accident. She drives a 2015 Honda Civic and puts a little over 15 thousand miles a year on her car.
- First of all a little bit about Chicago: With 2.7 million residents (9.5 if you count the greater metropolitan area), Chicago, Illinois is the 3rd most populous city in the nation, and the largest city in the Midwest. Chicago is considered one of the most important business centers in the world in terms of wealth and economy. This will mean that traffic is heavier here than in most cities. It also means that she probably parks on the street and theft can be a problem as well. No matter how you look at things, living in a city will usually be expensive when searching for insurance.
- Estimates show that traffic delays cost the average Chicago commuter over $1,100 a year. Because the highway system is so unpredictable, most commuters plan for extra time every day to account for possible delays.
- We were able to find this drive a reasonable quote through our friends at The General. Her annual premium will be $1,437 a year. This comes out to $119.75 a month. So for under $120 a month, she can be insured fully for her car. When she pays down her loan and only needs minimum coverage, this amount will significantly decrease.
- When we take our female driver and move her out of the city what happens? When we get a real quote from Evanston, Illinois, we see that her price for insurance goes down. Evanston is located on the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan and a short trip by car or transit from the City of Chicago. This city is a college town and quieter than Chicago. There is less traffic and less accidents statistically.
- This place is perfect for seeing how population can affect the price of auto insurance. Car insurance in Evanston is easy to come by when you use an online quote generator.
- The female driver with a Honda Civic will pay only $1292 a year for her same car insurance as Chicago. This means she gets more hang for her buck living in a quieter town. For a monthly payment of $107.66, she is getting a great deal.
- We now see this same single female in a town like Aurora. Aurora is an emerging city in Illinois. It has more than double in size in the last ten years and is getting busier and busier. The cost of living in Aurora is only 2% higher than the Illinois average, and the cost of housing in Aurora is just 4% higher than the national average. The average travel time to work in Aurora is 14% higher than the national average, yet the number of people who take public transportation in Aurora is 9% lower than the national average.
- When we got our real quotes from The General, we were able to see a slight increase in the Aurora numbers when compared to Evanston. Our first driver will end p paying $1392 a year for her full coverage. That is a monthly payment of $116. Not too shabby for a state like Illinois where insurance can be a little pricier.
- The best part about obtaining insurance with the right company is knowing you can get discounts. Most of the time you can qualify for more than just one discounts and this cuts down on the cost.
- She will need to get car insurance in Aurora to drive here. Every Illinois residents must have insurance when out on the road.
- Our second driver is a male who lives in Illinois. He is also 33 and single. This person drives a 2016 Kia Optima and puts around 12 thousand miles a year on it. He has never been in an accident and has kept his insurance for 13 years. This looks great to an insurance company. Even though he is a single man, which isn’t the best demographic to be in, he has a great record.
- Our male driver currently lives in Rockford, Illinois. When looking for a real quote from The General, we were able to come up with an estimated payment of $1425 a year. This is a very similar cost compared with our female driver who lives in Aurora. Aurora and Rockford are close in population size.
- This driver will have a monthly payment of almost $119 a month. Getting car insurance in Rockford is easy when you use a quote generator. It’s also a good idea to talk with a broker about other possible outcomes. The best way to save money on car insurance is to talk about what discounts you are eligible for. You can also bundle your insurance policies with one company and save.
- When we take this same male profile and move him to a town like Springfield, Illinois, how does this affect his rates? The first thing that we must look at is population and traffic congestion. Springfield is the capitol of Illinois but is not one of its larger cities. The town consists of mostly government workers and commuters. But there are some forms of public transportation.
- When looking at our real quotes, the cost of full coverage for a single male is $1397 a month. This means that a monthly premium of $116 would be paid. This isn’t taking into consideration what this mans deductible is. Raising your deductible will lower your monthly rate. Some buyers choose to do this.
- Getting the cheap car insurance in Springfield means doing your homework. But it isn’t that hard to find a great deal.
- Bloomington, Illinois is a very nice place to live and the 12th most expensive town in Illinois.The cost of living in Bloomington is 3% lower than the Illinois average, and 4% lower than the national average. Most of the people who live in this city are middle class working Americans. And most commute to work at one extent or the other. But, you can bet that traffic here is mild compared to Illinois larger cities.
- When we take our male driver out of a city and throw him into a more suburban atmosphere, how will this change his rates. When we relied once again on our friends at The General for information and real quotes, we were happy to report a decrease in cost.
- This man will only end up paying $1280 a year on his full coverage. That means only $106 a month for great insurance. The best part about moving out of a big city is not having to worry about accidents as much. This usually means people feel safer raising their deductible.
When you are looking for great deals on car insurance, and want to know what more you can do, think about discounts!
We all qualify for one discount or another.
Here is a list of discounts you should ask your broker about before signing the dotted line.
- Discounts for safety courses taken- taking a safety course can help your premiums go down because it proves that you are a safe driver.
- Marital discounts
- Good driver discounts- having a driving record which shows safe driving and responsible skills will only help you when shopping for insurance.
- Multi-car discounts- Not only having multiple cars can help, but the types of cars your family drives could save you.
- Multi-policy discounts- You may want to consider getting homeowners insurance, motorcycle insurance, car insurance, SR22 insurance and much more from the same insurance company.
- Association discounts
- Education discounts
- Occupation discounts- Depending on what kind of job you have and how far you need to commute for that job could make a difference in your policy choice and price.
- Excess vehicle discounts
- Mileage discounts- Keeping low miles on your vehicle should keep your premiums lower.
Remember things like bundling.
This is where you can combine more than one policy with an insurance company.
This is a guaranteed way to save!
When looking for the easiest way to get a quote for your car insurance, go to multiple quote generator sites and compare rates.
When you need more answers or you are a “high-risk” driver, you might want to call and talk with a broker.
Be as specific as you can when you fill out your online paperwork.
Know that things like where you live and your marital status do come into play.
If you are investigating what kind of car will cost you more, just know that the larger the engine and the newer the car, the more you might pay.
Getting full coverage depends on the state that you live in.
In Illinois, you will want to have full protection when you have a loan out on your car. Most banks will make you have this as collateral.
The best way to think about purchasing car insurance in Illinois is that it not only protects you but other people out on the road.
Uninsured Motorist coverage is one of the most overlooked coverage out there.
There are at least 10% of the population driving around without proper insurance and this puts you at risk when on the road.
The best rates are for those individuals who stick with one insurance company for a long time.
Every year you are with one company, your rates are bound to drop.
Get your real quotes today and feel safer driving tomorrow!