Olathe population has grown by 35.4% since 2000, which means the city is one of the fastest-growing in the nation. It also ranks high for “livability,” meaning the cost of living is low, and job opportunities are abundant. The median income for families in the city is over $60,000! However, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to save money where you can. If it’s been more than six months since you shopping your auto policy, you may be surprised by the number of options for cheap insurance Olathe agents have to offer!
Facts about Olathe:
- There are a number of major companies headquartered in Olathe, including Honeywell, Husqvarna, and Garmin. There are new industrial parks popping up around the city, which is great news if you’re looking for a job!
- The crime rate is less than half the national average, and there were only around 170 cars stolen in 2012.
- Public transportation is handled by Johnson County Transit, which provides bus service to the city and the surrounding area. Unfortunately, because it’s not very extensive, most commuters will have to rely on their vehicles. This means more miles on your car each year and higher auto insurance rates.
- If you live northwest of I-35, your commute time will be slightly higher than the southeast part of the city. Still, because of the abundance of major thoroughfares, traffic isn’t much of a problem in the city.
- If you commute to Kansas City and back, consider carpooling! Many of our customers have been able to lower their rates by putting less miles on their car. You’ll also decrease the wear and tear on your vehicle.