Upland, is one of San Bernardino County’s smaller cities, and has an estimated 2015 population of around 76,443 residents. The San Gabriel Mountains are to the north of Upland. The highest peak in the San Gabriels, Mount San Antonio, known locally as Mount Baldy, is approximately 9.5 miles north of the Upland’s northern boundary and caps out at 10,064 feet. This area draws many hikers and nature lovers, as well as naturalists. The city’s growth is mostly attributed to the construction of I-10 which connected Upland to Los Angeles and greatly eased the area’s commute times. Heavy traffic conditions mean higher accident rates, which results in more expensive auto insurance. Residents should take a few minutes today to explore the many options for cheap car insurance Upland can offer.
Cheap Car Insurance Upland Facts
- Residents of the Golden State are encouraged to explore all the options for cheap insurance
Upland has on hand, especially considering the state’s high cost of living.
- California follows a tort system for automobile accidents, meaning the state must name a
participant as being at-fault. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $5,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers
Public Transportation In Upland
- Public transportation is run by Omnitrans, but the city is also connected to Metrolink’s commuter rail service. Commuters who choose not to drive to work each day usually pay lower rates. Annual mileage is one of the main factors insurance companies look at when determining your rates. Lowering your mileage will help save you money on car insurance.
- The Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway continues to operate rail freight on the line.
Upland is a city in San Bernardino County in southern California. This city is nestled up near the hills and mountains so that means that there are plenty of things to do. So with that being said there is a nice trail that everyone seems to enjoy. It is called the Madonna of the Trail. It is a beautiful tree lined walking trail along Euclid Ave overlooked by the San Gabriel mountains. There is also a statue on the trail that resembles the pioneer mothers. There is also another attraction that is great for a family night or a date night and that is the Grove Theatre. They display the latest movies in high definition and quality. They even hold some great plays and operas. There is some great character in that theatre and it was built and open in 1947.
Upland is a safe and inviting community. The education facilities are top notch and the system cares about their students. This community is overall safe and very diverse. It is a unique suburban area that can check any boxes as far as a nice city goes. If you are planning on moving too Upland, it will be a great decision.
Housing Trends and Information in Upland
Upland is a suburb of San Bernardino and living in Upland offers residents a dense suburban feel and most of them own their homes. There are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Upland is mostly made up of families and young professionals that just moved to the area. Renting can be an option if you are looking in the area but it is a tad expensive. The average rent for an apartment is around $1,764 and that is a 7% increase compared to the previous year. That is a pretty big change from year to year rent price. The average size for an apartment is around 881 square feet which is on the larger side when looking at other cities in California and their averages. 63% of renters pay $1,500-$2,000 each month which matches the average.
The housing market in Upland is very competitive and many homes get multiple offers and some with waived contingencies. The average home price is around $625,000 and 70% of people own their homes in Upland. The average home sells for about 1% above list price and hot homes can sell for about 3% above list price.