Rancho Mirage is part of Riverside County and located in between Cathedral City and Palm Desert, in the Coachella Valley. The city has an estimated 2015 population of 18,083, but the seasonal (part-time) population can exceed 20,000.Construction in Rancho Mirage in this last year amounted to over $60 million in building permit valuations. Single family residential construction totaled over $21 million, commercial and other construction, including additions, renovations and energy saving equipment upgrades, totaled over $39 million. Currently, various residential projects, retail developments, medical facilities, office and hotel developments are in various stages of the planning process. All this development means more traffic on the roads, and a higher risk of accidents. Residents should examine all the options for cheap car insurance Rancho Mirage has available, and get the most coverage they can.
Cheap Car Insurance Rancho Mirage Facts
- Residents of the Golden State are encouraged to explore all the options for cheap car insurance
Rancho Mirage has on hand, especially considering the state’s high cost of living.
- California follows a tort system for automobile accidents, meaning the state must name a
participant as being at-fault. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $5,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers.
- The California DMV has an excellent website, with tons of information for consumers, including guides to registering your vehicle or purchasing insurance.
- After a DUI conviction, many California drivers will require an SR22 filing to reinstate their drivers license. It can sound scary, and a bit intimidating, but you can learn more about it from our Ultimate SR22 Insurance Guide.
Public Transportation In Rancho Mirage
- SunLine Transit Agency provides transportation in the Coachella Valley, which includes fixed route and demand response services. For routes, stops and schedules, click here. Using public transportation whenever you can is a great way to keep your mileage low and keep your cheap car insurance policy.
Fun in Rancho Mirage
Rancho Mirage has a lot of fun activities that you can enjoy. One attraction that a lot of people seem to enjoy is Agua Caliente Casino. This place has a massive pool and it has a massive casino that people spend hours at. If you sign up for their players card, you can get special rewards and even a couple of nights for free if you gamble enough.
If you are with your family, a great activity is the Sunnylands Center and Gardens. The things that you will see is some famous paintings and a massive desert like garden. The size of the premises sits on 200 acres. Famous national and international officials come for high-level retreats. This museum is quite prestigious.
Rancho Mirage offers some of the best golf in the country. Golf courses in this area range from public to private. Private golf courses are only playable if you are a member of that golf course. Some private golf courses include, Mission Hills Country Club, Thunderbird Country Club, and Porcupine Creek. There are plenty more golf courses that are public as well. Rancho Mirage is a great for golfers of all skill levels.
Rancho Mirage Housing Trends
Living in Rancho Mirage offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. There are a lot of restaurants and parks and many retirees live in Rancho mirage. In terms of renting, the market isn’t really as present like other cities in California but it is still there. The average rent for an apartment is around $1,196 each month which is one of the cheapest rent prices in southern California. The ratio of owning properties to renting is quite substantial. 19% of people rent their properties and 81% people own their properties.
When it comes to the housing market in Rancho mirage, it is somewhat competitive. Most people buy their second homes in Rancho Mirage. The average homes sell for about 3% below list price and homes that are desirable can sell at around list price.